Harry Potter - The Hogwarts Experience

Come share the Magic and remember Never tickle a Purple Hippo!

HomeCalendarFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistHogwarts QuillLog in
Announcement Board
Check the news/announcements/updated thread HERE
Please be patient while HE is undergoing some major changes, we're trying to improve it for a new era.

YEAR 9

ROYAL BALL NEXT SUNDAY, JULY 13TH, 8 PM - 11 PM (GMT)

MAIN EVENT
Don't forget that the TV/Movies Bootcamp is currently ongoing. You can sign-up at any time!

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Housepoints

Ravenclaw: 18,820
Slytherin: 10,886
Gryffindor: 9,017
Hufflepuff: 7,198

July 2014
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
HE Staff
Admin

Deputy Head

Heads of House

Second Heads of House

Other Positions
Head Students
(February 2013 - February 2014)
AninditaW
&
stephy
Prefects
(February 2013 - August 2013)
Slytherin Prefects
elithedragon
Gryffindor Prefects
Traci=Ronlover102
Hufflepuff Prefects
Ellen

Ravenclaw Prefects
Rainbow Shifter

Professors
Ancient Runes Professor
Clafin
Art, Drama & Creative Writing Professor
amberg93
Arithmancy
amberg93
Astronomy Professor
Raistlin the Wizard
Care of Magical Creatures Professor
amortentia773
Charms Professor
Sashi
Dart Studies
TBA
Defense Against the Dark Arts Professor
amortentia773
Divination Professor
TBA
Flying Professor
LilyFlower
Healer Studies
TBA
Herbology Professor
amortentia773
History of Magic Professor
violetriddle
Muggle Studies Professor
amberg93
Mythology Professor
amortentia773
Potions Professor
amortentia773
Supernatural and Paranormal Studies Professor
violetriddle
Transfiguration Professor
violetriddle

HE Daily Trivia

Don't forget do play the Daily Trivia. There will be a bunch of points available for the Top 10 Players at the end of each month!

Hurry up, then, click HERE!
Latest topics
» TV/Movie Bootcamp - Common Room
by Sashi Yesterday at 22:51

» WAND EXAMINATIONS (1st Years and above sign up here)
by Raistlin The Wizard Yesterday at 22:26

» Students Workload - Report Here
by Hanne Watsone Tue Jul 22 2014, 23:12

» Emotional Music
by Hanne Watsone Tue Jul 22 2014, 23:10

» FIGHT LIKE GODS
by Guest Tue Jul 22 2014, 11:29

» Year 9 - Announcements/Updates
by Raistlin The Wizard Sun Jul 20 2014, 18:57

» Sorting Request Post
by Sorting Hat Sun Jul 20 2014, 18:05

» Sorting List (look here to see where you have been sorted)
by Sorting Hat Sun Jul 20 2014, 18:05

» TV/Movie Bootcamp - Round 2
by Raistlin The Wizard Sun Jul 20 2014, 10:32

Term Cup Winners
Year 1 (1st Semester)
House Cup: Gryffindor
Quidditch Cup: Slytherin
Year 1 (2nd Semester)
House Cup: Slytherin
Quidditch Cup: Ravenclaw
Year 2 (1st Semester)
Year 2 (2nd Semester)
House Cup: Hufflepuff
Quidditch Cup: Gryffindor
Year 3 (1st Semester)
House Cup: Ravenclaw
Quidditch Cup: Slytherin
Year 3 (2nd Semester)
House Cup: Ravenclaw
Year 4 (Full Year)
House
Cup: Gryffindor
Quidditch Cup: Hiatus
Year 5 (Full Year)
Year 6 (Full Year)
Year 7 (Full Year)
Year 8 (Full Year)
Recent Exam Passes
violetriddle
Level 3 : Animal Selection
violetriddle
Level 4 - Personal Evaluation PART 1
violetriddle
Level 4 - Personal Evaluation PART 2
violetriddle
Level 5 - Animagus Transformation
violetriddle
Level 6 : Final Exam : Knowledge of Animagus
violetriddle
Level 7 : Register Your Animagus
violetriddle
History of Magic OWL - Hogwarts: A History

avablacky
Level One: Magical Aptitude Test

Featured Member

Affiliates/Topsites
Please vote daily in the following sites to keep our site on top and hopefully attract more members:

These are our static affiliates:

Gordon Parks' Academywands at the readyHOS Potter's Army
Dark AgesPriori Incantatem

FaceBook Page
Affiliate With Us
If you would like to affiliate with the Hogwarts Experience simply take the link image code below to put onto your site. To have your affiliate here, please PM Raistlin The Wizard or post your button HERE. Please remember, Hogwarts Experience will only affiliate with sites that have our own affiliate link on them.
Add us as an affiliate:

Copyright and Rights Reserved
Copyright and Rights Reserved

The Hogwarts Experience copyrighted 2006-2014
Elfie Dumbledore
All Rights Reserved

General Disclaimer
All Referances to Harry Potter characters and story lines remain the rights of JK.Rowling, Warner Brothers, Bloomsbury & Scholastic
Share | 

Muggle Technology

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
running_swift
1st Year
1st Year

Female
Registration date: 2006-02-22
Number of posts: 3742
Real First Name: Lisa
House: Gryffindor, NOT out to kill people!
Crest:
Warning:
0 / 30 / 3

Award Bar:
34 / 70034 / 700

PostSubject: Muggle Technology   Fri Feb 27 2009, 15:14

Muggle Technology

What is electricity? What exactly does a computer do? And how is it possible to carry around all that music without magic?!

The first class of this term (technically, anyway) will look at how muggles have made it possible to gather information from anywhere just by clicking a mouse, how it all started, and what the future holds for wizard and muggle technology.

Your task is to write an essay (300<600) which explains three aspects of muggle technology. They could range from iPods, mobile phones, electricity itself, to robots, electric cookers, or kettles. For each aspect, come up with a few ways that wizards can adapt this piece of technology to fit more with their lifestyle.

There is a maximum of 90 points for this class.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
stephy
Head Girl : 5th Year : Death Eater
Head Girl : 5th Year : Death Eater

Female
Registration date: 2006-06-04
Number of posts: 30320
Real First Name: Stephanie, Polly calls me Stephums, Kim calls me Steffie and among others Im either mommy or granny
House: ravenclaw
Crest:
Warning:
0 / 30 / 3

Award Bar:
55 / 70055 / 700

PostSubject: Re: Muggle Technology   Sun Mar 22 2009, 02:29

There are many things that muggles use that boggle the minds of witches and wizards. How are muggles able to do half of the things they dow ith the aid of magic? Some how these muggles are able to figure it out. For instance there are the airplanes. These airplanes are much, much, much bigger than our brooms and muggles are able to keep them up in the air without magic. All that's keep them up is something they call engines. Maybe this is thier form of magic. One muggle said that these engines help push out air that helps to give them lift. Also muggles are able to fit many people in them so not only does this giant plane have to carry it's own wait but also the wieght of it's passengers. What they should do is make the plane smaller. It will make them less noticeable and make air travel a lot safer for us wizards who accidentily flew too close to one and almost was caught in thier engines. If they were smaller we wouldn't have that problem.

Airplaes aren't the only thing that muggles have created to purplex us wizards. The muggles also created what they call a t.v. It puts images on a screen for them to star at for hours on end. I do not see the point behind it. All they do is watch people on it who go and do stuff. A muggle tried to explain it to me but I just couldn't understand it. If it were up to me I would make it so that you were right there in the action. It would make watching the t.v. much more interesting and exciting if you were there. It would make attending a qudditch match much more easier.

The most interesting thing that the muggles have must be the internet. Many times I ahve heard muggles talkign about this and I finally took some time out of my busy schedule to try out this internet and found it to be fascinating. It's an easy way to get in touch with others without wasting floo powder or sending an owl. It's like writing a letter and sending it to the person your trying to contact and they get it seconds later. It could be very useful and more reliable. The only thing is that many wizards wouldn't be able to use it. Maybe if we charmed it so that it would do everything by thought instead of having to use the mouse and clicking on things. It would make it much easier to use.

Need to get ahold of me right away?? Facebook message me or send me an owl. I'll get back once I'm done watching pokemon or playing LoTRO :D
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/oddie_faneenala
Rebecks
1st Year
1st Year

Female
Registration date: 2009-03-22
Number of posts: 11
Real First Name: Rebecky
House: Slytherin :P
Crest:
Warning:
0 / 30 / 3

Award Bar:
0 / 7000 / 700

PostSubject: Re: Muggle Technology   Mon Mar 23 2009, 21:30

My report on the technology of muggles

Though muggles struggle by without magic we in the wizards world find it increasingly surprising as to how they continue to change and adapt their lives and lifestyles through technology. What we can do with magic and they can't without they find a way in which to aid and improve their standards of living and the boundaries in which they can achieve.

The muggles have over the years produced more and more technology that intrigues and bemuses many of use in the wizarding world, yet elsewhere they use these to their advantage and successfully do what we've never thought of doing, simply as we are gifted with the ability to use magic.

Taking the example of technology such as computers, muggles are able to find out almost anything by pressing buttons that type a message or a question that they wish to know and simply searching, as one might say, files. They use a source called an 'internet' which basically is a large collection of information and images that are linked to possibly every subject imaginable.

With devices such as 'iPods' muggles can listen to their favourite music anywhere, and at any point. No magic needed. Such things require a source of power to use them and are regenerated on a thing called electricity.

Humans harness energy called electricity, and do this by burning things that they find work well to do so, and they use this energy to do many things in their homes and everyday lives. Infact, muggles are as much dependant on electricity as we are of magic. In a way one could put it as being their 'source of magic'.

Whereas we live by either magically enchanting wants to write or writing by hand, the muggles are able to type out what they wish on their computers, a definate bonus for homework. Also in the muggle world a lot of the methods of teaching are based around such things, with lessons being planned by such things, and presented by them.

Probably most strangely muggles can own handheld items called 'mobiles' which enables them to speak to others anywhere in the world, without sending a letter! Most confusing when they're walking around, it's hard to tell who they're talking to.

Though technology in the muggle world continues to change and improve lives we in the wizarding world could take not from what the muggles do, as surely this can be aided to our causes with help of magic.

Rebecky.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Raistlin The Wizard
Headmaster : Slytherin 2nd Head of House: Astronomy Professor : 1st Year : Master of All
Headmaster : Slytherin 2nd Head of House: Astronomy Professor : 1st Year : Master of All

Male
Registration date: 2006-07-27
Number of posts: 10534
Real First Name: Lost in the mists of time...
House: Slytherin!
Crest:
Warning:
3 / 33 / 3

Award Bar:
700 / 700700 / 700

PostSubject: Re: Muggle Technology   Thu Aug 20 2009, 14:46

stephy - 80
Rebecks - 90

Everyone stare at the awesomeness amber gave me:

HeadMaster

Other titles: