Accessing the Main Chat Without Using the Java Applet
Some members may have difficulty connection to the main chat room using the java applet that is embedded into the site.
If you can’t access the chat using the java applet, then there is another way!
You can download an IRC client software that will allow you to connect to the chat room.
I would recommend downloading and installing TurboIRC, which can be downloaded from the following link:
Once you’ve downloaded and installed the program, follow the steps below to connect to our chat room.
1. Open the program.
2. Click the “connect” button in the toolbar.
3. A window will pop up with a form on the right hand side. Fill in your chat nick, email and your name in the relevant fields. In the field “Address”, enter the following:
- Quote :
4. On the right hand side of the pop up window, click the “Connect” button.
5. A chat window will open up with some text scrolling down it. Wait for this to finish, and then in the new pop-up enter the following into the field.
- Quote :
6. Click “Join This Channel” – and voila, you should connect to our chat room! You can then do any of the usual commands such as changing your nick.
Any questions, just ask.